I can now say that I have been alive for two decades. Wow! I’m no longer a teenager. That feeling is pretty crazy. Soooo what does this mean?
Honestly, it doesn’t feel any different than how I felt a day ago. A lot of people think that when you hit your twenties you all of the sudden become an adult because you’re not a teenager anymore.
That is not the case for me. I got hit with adulthood pretty hard. I got married at 18 and had a child at 19. While I wasn’t treated like an adult for the first few months of being 18, by the time I got married, I had matured faster than most people would think possible. I was ready to be an adult and to be married.
I guess you could say I stepped into adulthood like a pro.
I didn’t want to go to college and party. (Not saying everyone does that.) I wanted to become a wife, a mom, and a homemaker. It was what God wanted for me and He lined everything up perfectly so that it happened just as He had planned.
A few facts about turning 20:
-Did you know the average married age is now 32? I’m 14 years ahead of most people and It’s crazy to think that 32 is now the new age to get married.
-If I live to the age of 80, I’m already a quarter done with my life. Scary.
-I’m halfway to my forties, a.k.a hitting an almost midlife crisis.
Twenty. Two decades. Veinte. VICENNIAL!
For my tenth birthday, I got a Nintendo 3DS in my favorite color teal and had a birthday party with my family and friends. I had a sleepover with my best friend too. We painted our nails and had a “spa day.” Basically what every ten-year-old wants to do.
At the age of 10 I was pretty dorky, awkward, shy, and learning how to be a big sister. Now at the big two oh, I’m still dorky, not as awkward, and a big sister to two little girls as well as a new mom. I’m definitely not as shy as I used to be but I have my moments. xD
What a difference a decade can make.
I do think that my self-confidence has gotten a lot better in all of those years. I have grown so much as a person. God got me out of a tough situation in 2020 and protected me through all of it.
I would say in the past few years I have matured a lot. A good amount of maturity comes with getting a job, getting married, and having a baby. It doesn’t happen overnight but over time.
I think our brains just start to realize stuff, you know? Like, we realize that you shouldn’t do certain things or be friends with certain people.
With that being said, I can say that I no longer care what people think, in a good way. I no longer live my life trying to please others but to please God. Pleasing God and trying to be like Christ is my motive in life.
This year alone I have lost friends and gained God given ones. This almost brings tears to my eyes because a few months ago I thought I was losing true friends but really, I was just gaining the real God sent friends.
I have had income change, relationships change, and my living situation change. So much has changed!
In 20 years, not only have I matured physically and emotionally, but also spiritually. When I was in my teens, I struggled with a lot of emotional abuse and I deal with the trauma now. I leaned on God in my darkest times but my faith was weak.
Now that I have grown in my faith in the past few years, I not only lean on God, but I know more about Him and His word. In the past two years alone I have learned so much more and grown my faith.
Nonetheless, I am excited about what this new decade will hold. I’m not sure exactly where I will be when I hit thirty, but I have a pretty good idea.
Where will I be? I hope my husband and I will be raising our family in our dream home.
What will my job be? I hope I will be making money from my blog as I keep working on it. Entrepreneurship has my heart.
Any more kids? God willing, I hope to have a houseful by the time I’m thirty.
Any goals I want to reach? While I hope to have a few more kids and live in my dream house, I really am ambitious to make money from my blog by the time I hit thirty. I also hope that my husband has reached his career goal by the time we are that age. (We’re only 4 months apart.)
With all of that being said, I can’t wait to see what my twenties hold. Will this decade be exciting? Sure. Will it be full of family and friends? I hope!
In general, I hope to be a better person than I am now. I hope to have grown even more in my faith and be the best mom and wife that I can be.
So here’s to this decade of life. I don’t know what it holds but I’m excited to see what God has planned for me. Who knows, I might come back to this post ten years from now and laugh at myself for writing the way I do! (I sure hope not!)
5 Things turning 20 this year:
Kim Possible – One of my favorite shows to watch when I was little.
A Walk To Remember – A super sad but amazingly good romance that I personally love. It’s wholesome and sweet with a touch of sorrow.
Lilo & Stitch, Harry Potter, Spiderman – 20 years since these movies came out!!
Kelly Clarkson Winning American Idol – It has been 20 years since she won the very first season of American Idol.
Rachel gave birth to Emma on Friends – While I have never watched the show myself, I know all of you die hard Friends loving people are going to love this one.
20 Things That I love:
- Yoga leggings!!! Yes, they are my go-to when I just need to throw something on. I absolutely love them! Here is my favorite pair!
- Cultivate What Matters– Write The Word Journal. I have been using this journal since 2020 y’all! I love going back and reading what I was going through over the years and what God has done in my life.
- What better way to celebrate your birthday with something to capture all of those special memories, a Fujifilm Instax Mini Camera. Ever since I’ve had this camera I have been taking pictures of all of my favorite moments.
- A good ‘ole henley. You got that right. This girl lovessss her henley’s. They are super nursing friendly and just overall cute!
- My favorite sneakers so far: Nike Air Force 1! I love these so much. They can be dressed up or down. I wear these to Wednesday night church and Sunday church.
- Since having a baby, I have enjoyed having something to keep an eye on his oxygen levels and his heartrate. That product is the Owlet Dream Sock. It gives my husband and I peace of mind at night knowing that he is okay when we are sleeping,
- Aloe Vera Socks!!! Since I was about 12, I have loved aloe vera socks. When I was 12 I got my first pair of pointe shoes and my feet were always blistered and bleeding. Putting my feet in these socks after a long day of ballet was truly a treasure.
- Half Baked Harvest and her amazing recipes! I love cooking and I’ve been following her for a while. She has a cookbook that I’ve been eyeing for so long. She has a brand new cookbook coming out on March 29, 2022, that I am totally eyeing!
- BIRKENSTOCKS! Okay, I know. Almost everyone who was a teen in the 90s is currently cringing. But, y’all. I loved my Birkenstocks when I had them. I wore them everywhere. Parties, the pool, to the beach, at the grocery store, etc.
- Pacifica Glow Baby Set! I got this set for Christmas this year and absolutely love it. It has definitely helped me “glow” while having a newborn which says a lot. I specifically love the Glow Baby VitaGlow Moisturizer which has been a lifesaver to my dry face.
- A cute pair of hoop earrings. I got this pair for my birthday one year and I love them! I’m not a huge fan of dangling earrings but I will say that these are light enough that I hardly even know that I have them on!
- Over the years I have been on the search for a good mascara. In the past 2 years, I have been using Tarte Maneater Mascara and it’s the best mascara I have ever tried!
- Pacifica Island Vanilla is my absolute favorite lotion that I have ever used! I don’t like using flower scented lotions or really anything super perfumey. My husband loves this lotion and it’s not too strong that I can smell it strongly. Definitely one of my best finds!
- One of my all-time favorite drinks is Sparkling Ice. It is full of vitamins and affordable! It is definitely one of my favorite drinks during summer and after a workout.
- Since I have curly hair, I have to use lots of products to define my curls and keep the frizz down. This past year I stumbled upon a product that has done miracles for my hair. That product is Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Hair Masque. An absolute hair saver for all the curly heads out there!
- I love myself some nail polish, especially this Essie color! Essie is one of my favorite non-toxic nail polish brands and it’s also affordable.
- Ever since I was allowed to wear makeup I have been looking to find the perfect powder or foundation. For almost two years now I have been wearing CoverGirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk Foundation. Wow, that was long. It’s my favorite foundation, no doubt.
- A few Christmases ago I was gifted with Patcha Whipped Sugar Scrub. I love it and I have used it every year since I was gifted it but unfortunately, last year I completely forgot to buy it during the holiday season.
- One brand that I love and have been supporting since I started my blogging / Influencer journey is Elevated Faith. The first product I bought from them was the “Choose Joy” hoodie. I love supporting brands that share the love of Christ so this hoodie holds a place in my favorites.
- Last but not least, I have to share with you my favorite Young Living Essential Oils. Essential oils have helped me so much with anxiety that I can’t not share it. This is one of my favorites, the Lavender Essential Oil.
So, now you know twenty of my favorite things. I will admit, it took me a while to think of 20 things that I love. I’m just not a materialistic kind of girl.
In conclusion, I can’t wait to see what my 20’s hold. They will be full of excitement, love, joy, entertainment, and so much more!
Bring it on 20, I’m ready!
Before you go, check out my latest blog post: Self Improvement – The Biblical Way.